Almost all Falk sat navs can be enhanced with POI's and the locations of stationary and mobile safety cameras quickly and easily with POIbase. POIbase makes it possible to download and transfer the data to your sat nav in a couple of minutes, after which the new POI's are available for selection.
POIbase is compatible with the following Falk sat navs:
- Falk Vision-Series
- Falk NEO-Series
- Falk FLEX-Series
- Falk PUR-Series
- Falk F-Series
- Falk S-Series
- Falk V-Series
- Falk R-Series
- Falk IBEX
- Older devices running Falk Navigator Versions 5/6
- Automatic device recognition
- Safety cameras can be displayed on the map
- POI's can be displayed on the map
- Directional audio warnings for safety cameras (only with POIbase mobile)
- Falk does not offer the option to set warnings for custom POI's.
- Hence the add-on software POIbase mobile is required if you wish to receive warnings for safety cameras and other POI's (from Falk Navigator Version 7). POIbase mobile provides direction-specific warnings for safety cameras.
- POI's can be displayed on the map, set as destinations and used in proximity searches without POIbase Mobile and are hence completely free!
- The performance of some devices is considerably better when POIbase mobile is installed on an SD card.
The following steps are required to install POI's and safety camera data on your Falk sat nav via POIbase:
- Connect the sat nav to your PC and launch POIbase.
- Click on "Load POI's and Speed Cams" , and then on "Download Speed Cams" or "Download POI's".
- Under "Download POI's", you will find a multitude of useful categories such as safety cameras, petrol stations, campsites and many more.
- Browse through the various categories and click on any POI sub-categories you wish to download.
- Once you have completed your selection, click on "Download" on the bottom right.
- All selected POI categories will now be transferred to your Falk sat nav.
Die nachfolgende Anleitung beschreibt die Installation von POIbase mobile auf einem Falk Navigationsgerät: