NavGear offers a number of fixed sat navs. The default navigation software installed on these devices can easily be enhanced with additional POI's from the vast selection provided by POIbase, as well as the locations of stationary and mobile safety cameras. The data can be installed in a few simple steps, after which the POI's are available for selection on your sat nav.
POIbase is compatible with the following fixed NavGear sat navs:
- CAS-N 70
- DSR-N 210, 310, 270, 370, 420
- Automatic device recognition via POIbase
- Safety cameras can be displayed on the map
- POI's can be displayed on the map
- Audio warnings
Quick Installation Guide
- Insert the SD card from your NavGear car radio in an SD card reader connected to your computer and launch POIbase.
- Your sat nav will be recognised automatically by POIbase.
- Click on "Load POI's and Speed Cams", and then on "Download Speed Cams" or "Download POI's".
- Under "Download POI's" you will find a large selection of useful POI's such as petrol stations and campsites, as well as the safety cameras and other road safety POI's.
- Click on "Add" to activate any category you require for download.
- Once you have finished making your selection, click on the "Download" button on the bottom right of the POIbase interface.
- The POI's will now be transferred to the SD card.
- Back in the car, insert the SD card in your NavGear device and turn it on.
- In the main menu of the navigation software, click on "More" -> "Settings" -> "Audio and Alerts" -> "Alert Point Settings". Activate the check boxes next to "Alert at Alert Points" and confirm you have read the legal notice. Under "Alert Types" you can select different warnings depending upon the safety camera category in question.
- Under "Settings" -> "Map Settings", select the final menu item "POI Symbols". You will find all the POI's you installed in the category "POIbase" and can select some of all of them for display on your navigation map.
*Please note that the exact terminology used on the various menu items may differ from the words used in these instuctions.