Renault cars featuring the sat nav and media systems Renault R-Link can be enhanced with additional POI's via POIbase. Over one million POI's from countless categories catering to every taste are available for download, as well as the locations of potential stationary and mobile safety cameras. POIbase is constantly growing as any user can add POI's via the interactive map, either for personal use or to share with the community. Installing the data on the R-Link System can be completed in a few easy steps.
POIbase is compatible with the following Renault systems:
- Renault R-Link based on TomTom-Navigation software
- Safety cameras can be displayed on the map
- POI's can be displayed on the map
- Audio warnings
- Only compatible with R-Link systems that use TomTom navigation software.
- A maximum of 100 POI categories can be displayed simultaneously.
- You will also need the program R-Link Explorer to install POI's. It can be downloaded here.
Downloading the Data with POIbase
- Download and install POIbase on your computer.
- Place the Renault R-Link SD card in a card reader connected to your computer.
- Launch POIbase on your computer.
- POIbase automatically recognises the Renault R-Link System, confirm the selection manually.
- Click on "Load POI's and Speed Cams", and then on "Download Speed Cams" or "Download POI's".
- Under "Download POI's" you will find a large selection of useful POI's such as petrol stations and campsites, as well as the safety cameras and other road safety POI's.
- Click on "Add" to activate any category you require for download.
- Once you have finished making your selection, click on the "Download" button on the bottom right of the POIbase interface.
- All selected POI's will now be transferred to your SD card.
- POIbase will create a folder on the SD card named "Renault" which contains the selected POI's.
Convert POIbase Data via the R-Link Explorer
- Download R-Link Explorer and install it on your computer.
- Launch R-Link Explorer.
- Select the SD card drive via "File" -> "Open File", and then select the file "TOMTOM.000" on the SD card. To the right the name "ext00" will appear.
- Now select the following file: "ext00:/common/installed/Europe/" or "ext00:/common/installed/DE_AT_CH/" (or whichever file is applicable).
- Go to the POI directory on the left hand side of the program ("Renault").
- Select all POI's and drag them to the right with the mouse. Confirm any popups asking if data should be overwritten.
- Complete the procedure via the menu item "File" -> "Close File". The changes will be saved automatically.
The following video demonstrates how to convert POIbase data using R-Link Explorer.