The navigation solution MapFactor is available for many operating systems like Android, iOS, Windows PC, Windows CE and Windows Phone. Almost all MapFactor products are compatible with POIbase and can import POIs and speed cameras in *.mca format.
MapFactor has not yet been tested with all installations.
With iOS the navigation app is unfortunately not recognized by iTunes in the necessary file sharing function so that the data cannot be copied into the app.
- Automatic device recognition and manual selection of MapFactor in POIbase for PC or manual selection with POIbase web edition (browser version for non-Windows operating systems)
- POI can be searched
- POI icons (brand icons) displayed on the map
- Icons hidden at certain zoom levels (can be set)
- Display of POI details
- POI warnings are possible & can also be set directly in the Android app
Downloading POI data via POIbase
- Download and install POIbase for PC
- Connect your Android smartphone with the computer via a USB cable
- Select "Automatic device detection" or "Manual detection". Select the MapFactor app or PC installation (disconnect smartphone if you wish to use MapFactor on PC).
- Log into your account or register (free), if you do not have one
- Select any POI categories you wish to install via:
Load POIs and speed cams Download POIs or Download speed cams. Then use the add button to activate them
- Download the POI categories you selected via the yellow "Download approx. xx POIs " button at the bottom right
Using POIbase Web Edition
POIbase Web Edition can be accessed under: POIbase Web Edition
Log in or Create an Account
POIbase web version can currently only be used by registered users and it is imperative a valid email address is entered during free registration, as the POI data will be sent to this address.
After logging in / registering, scroll down the "Manual Selection" pop up window and select MapFactor. POIbase saves your selection, so you will only have to do this once, unless you opt to change device.
Create a POI-Export Request
Go to"Load POI's and Speed Cams Download Speed Cams" or "Download POI's" and select a category, then click through the sub-categories using the "add" button to select any category you wish to download. Use the Back button to return to the main categories. Check your choices under "My Selected POI's".
Use the yellow "Download" button on the bottom right of the screen to start the POI export. Our server can take between 1 and 60 minutes to process the request, after which the download link will be sent to the email address used when registering. While the request is being processed, you cannot change your POI selection or send further requests.
Download the POI-Paket
Click the download link in the email you received and unzip the file locally (on your PC/Mac), choosing a destination you can find again easily. The file name is composed of a numerical string similar to this: 447894-2019-10-09.zip, where the latter part of the number refers to the date of the POI export.
Copy the POI files to your Android device
When the MapFactor app is started for the first time, it asks for access rights for the device. These should be answered with Yes.
Android users: copy the downloaded and unzipped files to the directory on your device or memory card: /Internal shared storage/Android/data/com.mapfactor.navigator/files/navigator/data
Then, run MapFactor and go to the following menu: > Settings > Map Settings > POI Types (here hide the POI icons of MapFactor to prevent overlays between new POIs and MapFactor POIs).
POI warnings can also be enabled in the app under : > Settings > Navigation > Speed camera sources > Speed cameras and Speed camera traps