The Android navigation app be-on-road is compatible with POIbase. It can install POIbase POIs & speed cameras.
be-on-road for Android is compatible with all versions so far.
With iOS, however, the be-on-road navigation app is unfortunately not recognized by iTunes in the necessary file sharing function and therfore it is not possible to copy the data into the app.
- Manual selection of POI's in POIbase for PC or the POIbase Web-Edition (browser version for non-Windows operating systems)
- POI's can be searched on the sat nav
- Display of POI details on the sat nav
- POI icons (Brand Icons) can be displayed on the map
- POI settings available directly in the app be-on-road
- POI warnings are possible & can also be set directly in the app
Downloading POI data via POIbase
- Download and install POIbase for PC
- Connect your Android device with the computer via a USB cable
- Select "Manual detection". Select the be-on-road app.
- Log into your account or register (free), if you do not have one
- Select any POI categories you wish to install via:
Load POIs and speed cams Download POIs or Download speed cams. Then use the add button to activate them
- Download the POI categories you selected via the yellow "Download approx. xx POIs " button at the bottom right
Using POIbase Web Edition
POIbase Web Edition can be accessed under: POIbase Web Edition
Log in or Create an Account
POIbase can currently only be used by registered users and it is imperative a valid email address is entered during free registration, as the POI data will be sent to this address.
After logging in / registering, scroll down the "Manual Selection" pop up window and select be-on-road. POIbase saves your selection, so you will only have to do this once, unless you opt to change device.
Create a POI-Export Request
Go to"Load POI's and Speed Cams Download Speed Cams" or "Download POI's" and select a category, then click through the sub-categories using the "add" button to select any category you wish to download. Use the Back button to return to the main categories. Check your choices under "My Selected POI's".
Use the yellow "Download" button on the bottom right of the screen to start the POI export. Our server can take between 1 and 60 minutes to process the request, after which the download link will be sent to the email address used when registering. While the request is being processed, you cannot change your POI selection or send further requests.
Download the POI-Paket
Click the download link in the email you received and unzip the file locally (on your PC/Mac), choosing a destination you can find again easily. The file name is composed of a numerical string similar to this: 447894-2019-10-09.zip, where the latter part of the number refers to the date of the POI export.
Copy the POI files to your device or SD-card
When the be-on-road app is started for the first time, it asks for access rights for the device. These should be answered with Yes.
Android users: copy the downloaded and unzipped files to the directory on your device or memory card: /Be-on-road/Favorites/Import
Then, run be-on-road and go to the following menu: Destination -> POI -> Favorites -> Edit favorites > click on the "Favorites import" icon or the Open button and select categories which you want import. The import starts when you click on the button Submit. After finishing import, you can find the newly added categories in the menu:
> Options > Map > Favorites
POI warnings can also be activated in the app: > Options > Warnings > POI warnings