POIbase allows you to enhance your NavGear sat nav with additional POI's as well as the locations of stationary and mobile safety cameras in a few simple steps. New destinations can be transferred to your sat nav in a few clicks, and you'll be ready to go.
POIbase is compatible with the following NavGear sat navs:
- GP-35 (only if iGO8-software is installed)
- GP-43 (only if iGO8-software is installed)
- SimValley XP-Series
The following NavGear sat navs are compatible with POIbase Mobile
- Pearl NavGear - NavGear StreetMate DSR-N
- NavGear GT-Series
- NavGear MX-Series
- NavGear RS-Series
- NavGear RSX-Series
- NavGear SLX-Series
- NavGear Touchlet X2G,SX7
- NavGear TourMate N4
- NavGear VX-Series
Important: POIbase is only compatible with GP-35 and GP-43 if they have iGO8 installed. If you are still using Smart2Go, you can upgrade to iGO8 for free via Pearl. Please contact Pearl customer service for more information.
- Automatic device recognition via POIbase
- Safety cameras can be displayed on the map
- Audio warnings when approaching safety cameras
- Directional warnings of safety cameras.
- POI's can be displayed on the map
- Possible to install POIbase Mobile
- Newer NavGear sat navs sometimes have to be set to Mass Storage manually: Turn the device on (but do not launch the navigation software), then go to Settings > USB > Mass Storage
- There is a quirk involved in activating safety camera POI's on GTX/RSX devices. They are directly integrated into the map and can be configured as follows: Turn your sat nav on, then select More > Settings > Audio and Warnings > Alert Settings. Activate the selection box next to "Activate Alerts". Individual categories can now be configured under "Alert Types". (Menu items may have slightly different names).
- After installing POIbase Mobile, please be sure to follow all the instructions on-screen as the program may not launch automatically otherwise.
The following steps are necessary to install POI and safety camera data on your NavGear sat nav:
- Connect the sat nav to your PC and launch POIbase.
- Click on "Load POI's and Speed Cams", and then on "Download Speed Cams" or "Download POI's"
- Under "Download POI's" you will find numerous useful POI categories such as petrol stations and campsites, as well as safety cameras and other road safety POI's.
- Activate any POI categories you require by clicking the "Add" check box.
- Once you have finished browsing and selcting POI categories, click on the yellow "Download" button on the bottom right of the POIbase interface.
- All selected POI categories will now be transferred to your NavGear sat nav.
Bei den neueren Geräten muss die Blitzerwarnung noch aktiviert werden. Die Darstellung erfolgt dann mit den Geräteeigenen Icons: