Many JVC fixed sat nav systems can be enhanced with the locations of potential stationary and mobile safety cameras as well as additional POI's via POIbase. With POIbase the data can be downloaded and installed on your sat nav in a few simple steps. POIbase is a free application, and it also allows you to create your own POI's, which you are then welcome to share with the POIbase community if you wish.
POIbase is compatible with the following JVC fixed sat nav systems, enabling you to add additional POI's and safety cameras to your map:
- JVC KW-NT1E
- JVC KW-NT3E
- JVC KW-NT30E
- JVC KW-NX7000E
- Safety cameras can be displayed on the map
- POI's can be displayed on the map
- Audio warnings
- Apart from safety cameras, a max. of 5 misc. POI categories can be installed on KW-NX7000E models, and a max. of 10 on KW-NT3E, KW-NT1E and KW-NT30.
- KW-NT1E requires a firmware update to be compatible with POIbase. This is available here.
Quick Installation Guide
- Insert the sat nav's SD card into your computer or a card reader connected to your computer and launch POIbase on your PC.
- Click on "Load POI's and Speed Cams", and then on "Download Speed Cams" or "Download POI's".
- Under "Download POI's" you will find a large selection of useful POI's such as petrol stations and campsites, as well as the safety cameras and other road safety POI's.
- Click on "Add" to activate any category you require for download.
- Once you have finished making your selection, click on the "Download" button on the bottom right of the POIbase interface.
- All selected POI's will now be transferred to the SD card.
- In your car, make sure the sat nav is switched off and then insert the SD card.
- Turn the sat nav on and switch to map view.
- Select Menu -> POI-Icon -> User-> Select all, and click on the navigation arrow pointing upwards on the bottom right of the screen to verify.
- The POI's and safety cameras will now be installed on your JVC system.