Due to the compatibility with POIbase, the Android app iGO Navigation can be easily and quickly upgraded with additional POIs and mobile and fixed speed camera locations. Use POIbase to smoothly transmit new points of interest to any Android device with the NNG iGO Navigation app installed. Get the POIs relevant for you with just a few clicks and enjoy your drive.
The following iGO applications are compatible with POIbase:
- NNG iGO Navigation for Android
- iGO 2006
- iGO 2008
- iGO Primo 9.x
- iGO Primo 9.x OEM
- MyGuide 3300
- My way 8.0 (PDA version)
- My way 8.3 (PDA version)
- speed cameras displayed on map
- sound warnings for all speed cameras
- direction-dependent speed cam alerts
- various POIs are displayed on map (note particularities)
- POIs are available for entering a destination in radius search.
- iGO 2006: These navigation systems may only load speed cam data. Direction-dependent alerts are given for speed cams. The speed cam data is displayed on the map with a single icon. It is not possible to use speed camera data in Switzerland.
- iGO 2008: These systems give directional speed camera alerts. In some cases, POIbase also supports the ability to view distinct speed camera symbols showing the speed of a camera. It is not possible to use speed camera data in Switzerland. Speed cameras can only be enabled if GPS signal is available. Normal POIs can be loaded into almost all systems, including brand icons. The number of downloadable POIs varies, but the limit is usually 60,000 – 80,000 POIs.
- iGO Primo (iGO09): These systems allow directional speed camera alerts. In certain cases, POIbase also supports the display of distinct speed camera symbols showing the speed of a camera. Speed camera data is disabled in Switzerland. Speed cameras can only be activated if GPS signal is available. Normal POIs can be loaded into almost all systems, but not always with brand icons. The number of downloadable POIs varies, but the limit is usually 60,000 – 80,000 POIs.
- NNG iGO Navigation for Android: These units allow audible directional alerts for speed cameras. POIbase supports both the display of distinct speed camera icons stating the speed limit and the display of POIbase brand icons on the map. Choosing POIbase POIs as a destination is possible with the NNG iGO Navigation app for Android.
Please follow these steps to install speed cameras and points of interest on your Android device with the NNG iGO Navigation app:
Illustrated guide to installing POIs on to the Android iGO Navigation app
POI activation in the app
Turn on the display of POIs directly in the app via the menu:
Settings Navigation view Map Appearance POI icons POIbase Display on map
Configure speed cameras directly in the app via the menu Settings Warnings Alert points Alert types
Configure all other POIs via the menu New Route POIs Search for name or category POIbase